Best Casinos for Wyoming Players
Online Gambling in Wyoming
Wyoming is not one of the most progressive states when it comes to gambling. It just recently got on board with particular trends that many other states have actually employed for years. The state lottery for example only became legal in 2013. Tribal gambling casinos also came to the state in recent years after a long battle. The state does not yet permit online casinos and poker games, however, it does allow fantasy sports betting, online horse race betting and games of skill.
Wyoming Online Casinos
Players are able to access many online casinos, however playing in them still remains in a legal gray area, as playing casino games outside of the state's Native casinos is considered against the law. We advise players to refrain from playing in online casinos, or at least not to do that in public, as online gambling may still get you a fine.
See below our list of the top casinos available for players from Wyoming.
Wyoming Sports Betting
Sports betting is unlikely to be legalized in Wyoming in the near future. The state has a clear definition of gambling and participating in sports betting is restricted by the constitution. We are still to hear about a resident of the state being punished for online gambling, however, we advise residents of the state to not do these activities in public.
Wyoming Land Based Casinos
Wyoming has 4 land-based gambling establishments with between 250 as well as 750 games. The Shoshone Gambling Casino for example, has 450 digital blackjack devices rather than slot machines. The majority offer some table games, however, the choice remains limited. Wind River Resort has 2 Texas hold'em tables, while the others do not offer poker. Games in the casinos include Blackjack, Pitch, as well as Ultimate Texas Hold 'em.
Although not completely finalized yet, the Wyoming Lotto game Corp. board chose global pc gaming titan Intralot in late March 2014 as the state's lottery game supplier. The supplier from Greece won over giants like GTECH and Scientific Gamings for the state's concession. The lottery is expected to gross somewhere between $25 million with a net of about $6 million each year. The first $6 million will go to local governments budget, and any leftovers will be donated to organizations like high schools.
Wyoming Charitable/House-Based Gambling
Wyoming has a law that allows non-profit charitable organizations to run bingo halls, pull-tabs, and raffles games. The law requires 65% of the gross sales to be returned to players in the form of winnings and the remaining 35% to be collected by the organization. At least 75% of what the organization makes must be donated to a charitable cause within the following year.
Wyoming Daily Fantasy Sports
Fantasy sports is one of the fastest growing online betting sectors in the United States today. Players can use many different sites to participate in a single-day league with instant payout. These sites provide heads-up matches in which you and one other person draft a team and compete for the pot or you can join massive tournaments with prizes that sometimes exceed a million dollars.
A combination of favorable legislation and Americans’ familiarity with fantasy leagues have contributed to the growth of the daily fantasy industry. There are a handful of sites operating right now but two sites in particular stand above all the rest in terms of size, quality and prizes.
Wyoming Social Gaming and Gambling
Private card games can be played legally as “social games”, but the games must not be played for real money, and no entry fees can be taken. Legal tricks like seat licenses and by-the-hour gaming fees are also considered legal. Only card games for no profit can be played. There are also laws regarding the gaming equipment which can be used in such games.
Wyoming Gambling News
Wyoming Gambling Legislation
The gambling laws in the State of Wyoming allow for horse betting and dog racing, as well as some full-operational Indian casinos in some cities within the state. Charitable games, social games, bingo and raffles are also permitted in the state. Online gambling in the state is not looked well upon at the moment, however, we are hoping for this to change in the future.