Betting Tips – Some really useful Betting Tips by CasinoDaddy.com
Few forms of gambling give you a chance to win long term profits. This is what makes sports betting special because you can win money over the long haul. An added bonus is that fans can watch the games with their money on the line. Of course, it’s far more fun watching the games when your bets win. And to improve your chances of winning, you need some good strategies. We have combine a list of the best sports betting tips and principles that we are sure will help you improve your betting results.
The Top Best Online Betting Sites for US players
The most important principles for successful sports betting
The following are the most important things in good betting and necessary if you want big winnings.
1. Get to know your teams
Study the teams, learn their strengths and weaknesses, know their home and away records, and evaluate them objectively. Pay attention to changes in the quality of a team from one season to the other as players get older and changes occur – players are transferred, managers come and go. Major improvement or decline from season to season is commonplace in professional sports.
2. Bet on motivated teams
Sometimes a team doesn’t play up to its potential, but at other times may play well above what is indicated by their overall record – especially in critical games. Determine how important a game is to a team. If the team has already reached a play-off spot, they may be more focused on the play-offs than the present game. Conversely, a team facing a must-win situation to avoid relegation may be highly motivated. A team out to avenge a defeat earlier in the season may also be very motivated.
3. Don’t chase your losses
When you do run into the inevitable losing streak, don’t panic and make the common mistake of betting larger amounts in an attempt to recoup your losses. Instead, examine your betting methods and reduce your betting amounts until you start winning again. Remember – chasing your losses is the single biggest mistake a punter can make. Once you start winning again, increase your bets slightly, but don’t go overboard. Unfortunately, like losing streaks, winning streaks also come to an end.
4. Bet with your head, not your heart
Make an honest assessment of a team’s chances, not one based on emotions. Don’t bet on a team simply because it’s your favorite without considering the real odds. Be selective and remember that you will only find value betting situations in a small number of games. Betting the entire Premier League fixture list every week is a risky proposition at best.
5. Value betting – find low risk high reward action
Successful football betting requires getting value on your bets. Basically this means getting better than the “true” odds on your picks. For instance, if your objective prediction for a game suggests that Arsenal should have fair odds of 1.30, but bookies offer them at 1.50 then this is a value-betting proposition. In this case, the risk to reward ratio is very much in your favour, making Arsenal a strong play.
6. Bet against public opinion
Certain teams always have a strong public following. For example Chelsea or Man United are such teams. High-value bets can often be found by betting against these teams because the bookmakers adjust their odds to reflect the expected amount of public money. Thus, the underdog is often listed with better odds than they realistically deserve.
7. Stay abreast of injuries
Watch the injuries, but don’t overreact to them. Judge the importance of an injured player and the quality of his substitute. Remember that second-string players are often highly qualified and are especially motivated when replacing a starter, so it often pays to bet on a team missing its best player. The public normally overreacts to injuries so you may find good value in this situation. However, beware of situations where there is more than one injured key player or there is an injury to the team’s captain or inspirational leader.
… and Some More Betting Tips
Sports Betting is generally done by two types of punters: Those who bet to win and those who bet for fun.
Whatever kind one is, the ultimate goal is to beat your bookie. Although sport is very unpredictable (that is what makes sport betting all the more tempting), certain guidelines can be followed to increase your chances of winning.
The first rule is to be very clear and confident about how to bet and what to bet. Always take into consideration the following points before betting on a team:
Always check the form and recent performances of the team. If available, read the recent match reports to see if the team was unlucky because of opposition goalkeeper having a great day etc.
Home and Away Records:
Check for home and away statistics. Some teams play better at home ground, some play better away.
Check the history between the two clubs because in sports, more often than not, the history repeats in year after year.
Be sure always to check for injuries and suspensions. Which players are missing and how important are they. Check the records of the players who are replacing the injured players.
Check for the team motivation and how important it is for them to win the game. Do they really need points, are they interested in the domestic cup and so on.
Check whether the team has had a tight schedule and if they could possibly be tired. Whether the last game they played demoralizing or whether the next game they are going to play more important than the current one.
And also follow these simple guidelines for successful betting:
- Bet only what you can afford.
- Define a staking system and stick to it.
- Do not bet on teams or leagues that you don’t know anything about.
- Do not be over-confident because sports is full of unpredictability.
- In general, stick to betting on league matches, as recent team form is only consistent within the boundaries of that league.
- Do not bet at the beginning of the season. This is important to analyze the recent form of the team
- Avoid outside influences and stick to your analysis and decisions.
- Learn by your mistakes and/or experiences.
- Determine the best return on your bet from various Bookmakers. Comparison of returns from bookmakers is essential, especially on multiple bets or accumulators.
- Bet only when the odds are in you favour. Do not bet for the sake of it.
- Bet only on the smallest combinations of results feasible. 4+ accumulators may give big returns but they are also the hardest to achieve.
- Loyal and regular betters must keep a up to-date record of all bets, returns and losses. This will help you analyze what is going wrong and where.
- Quit when the day is not in your favour.
- Last but the most important one is the mantra of discipline. Betting is all about staying calm and keeping cool especially after a big win or loss. If you have suffered a big loss don’t chase it by betting big and adding up to your losses. Again a big win must not lure you to bet more frequently and sporadically, ultimately resulting in loss.
Best Betting Sites by Sport Category