Interesting facts about roulette
Often considered to be the king of casino games, Roulette, or ‘little wheel’ in French, is perhaps the most famous casino game around the world. While you might know some basic facts about the game, like the payouts for different bets or the fact that American roulette wheels have a zero and a double-zero pocket, while European wheels only have a single zero, you may not realize just how crazy and interesting roulette actually is. So here are 10 roulette fun facts that will enhance your knowledge of the world’s most popular casino game.
Best Casinos for Playing Roulette Now
- Roulette is sometimes referred to as ‘The Devil’s Game’. There are no Satanic forces at work at a roulette table, though. The nickname come from the fact that, when the numbers on a roulette wheel are added up, they equal 666.
- Unlike other games in the casino like blackjack or craps, it is considered to be rude to have a drink with you at a roulette table. So while the lure of free casino drinks is tempting, wait till you’re done playing roulette.
- Impress the other players at the roulette table by using the proper terms for things. The little walls that separate the pockets on the wheel – they’re called ‘frets’. That plastic thing the dealer uses to mark the winning number – it’s a ‘dolly’.
- The most commonly played number on the roulette wheel is 17. This is mostly due to its central location on the layout, but could have something to do with the fact that its the number James Bond plays.
- When a black number hits, it doesn’t mean a red one is next; the chance of hitting the same color 10 times in a row is only 1 in 1024. The known record took place in a casino in Bristol, England, where red hit 36 times in a row.
- The known record for the same number hitting consecutively happened at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas, where number 19 hit an incredible 7 times in a row. The chances of that? 1 in 3 billion.
- Ashley Revell from the UK did something insane in 2004. He bet his life savings, $135,300 USD, on a single spin of the roulette wheel. He bet it all on red. To his stunned relief it landed on red, and he walked away with over $270,000!
- While Ashley Revell might hold the record for biggest win on a single spin, another Briton, Philip Green, is widely known for an unbelievable winning night. In one night at a London casino, he won more than £2 million at the roulette table.
- Although many players claim to have a winning system, the reality is that there is no way to legally beat the casino and win at roulette. The best bet is the simplest, red or black.
- Plenty of people have found illegal ways to beat the casino, though. Francis Farrugia is one of the most famous, as he used a ‘top hatting’ late bet scam to win millions over the course of 20 years before he was finally caught.
- More than 3000 games from top-tier software providers
- An excellent story line, superior simplicity and visual excellence
- A light speed fast site, to power a hassle free gaming experienc
- True quality brand hot in 2020!
- 3,000+ games by top developers
- Great variety of casino bonuses and weekly promotions